ECOLOGIA Consulting Services
Socially and environmentally responsible businesses are a major force promoting sustainable development at the local level and in the global marketplace. Recognizing this, ECOLOGIA is committed to promoting public-private sector partnerships that:
transfer experience and information, and
- promote cooperation and mutual understanding
between the private sector and the non-profit sectors (including civil society and community based organizations).
Uniquely powerful synergies encouraging sustainable development are emerging at the public-private sector interface. In order to facilitate this, ECOLOGIA provides fee-for-service consulting to businesses, government agencies, and communities seeking to:
Our experience in this field is rooted in transition economies (Eastern Europe, Russia, China, etc.) but also includes rural America, particularly Vermont.
- develop strategic plans capturing opportunities in emerging trends in the fields of sustainable development and corporate social responsibility;
- implement environmentally and socially responsible business practices;
- train personnel in the innovative, creative and appropriate use of environmental management systems in order to gain economic as well as environmental and social benefits;
- develop value added businesses and brand names (corporate or regional) that allow those who do good also to do well economically;
- develop constructive public participation programs for industrial facilities and communities making major transitions involving labor force and social dislocation. See "Sustainable Development Planning: Progress in Visaginas".
We also work globally on the development of the ISO 26000 guidance standard on social responsibility. In that spirit, ECOLOGIA provided informal third party comments on the Social Responsibility Report for 2005 by a Japanese company which is a leader in CSR.
To view this CSR report, including the third party comments, go to the Sompo Japan Insurance Inc website
For more information about ECOLOGIA consulting services contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 802 623 8075.